Sunday, June 26, 2011

Upright #5 - Spicy Summer Saison Treat

A hot Sunday in June and some hard work under the sun screams for a fresh beer on the porch. Yoga, 6 mile run, mow the lawn, rip out two trees, repair the gutters. Honey-do list = complete. After a hard Sunday of sweat and grime, I believe I've earned myself an Upright Five from my personal stash of brews in the cellar that are only accessed under special circumstances or after amazing personal feats. A fresh and spicy saison, perfect to beat the heat and enter relaxation mode. I only wish I brought more back from my last trip to Portland. 

We can't get upright here, as the brewery is very young and extremely small. I've been able to secure a few bottles through various northwest ventures and have been floored each time. Upright is quickly becoming one of my top 5 breweries. If you are ever in Portland it's a must visit brewery. I'll be back in December to bring home some more...taking limited orders now.


Serving Type: 750ml Bottle
Glassware: Tulip
Appearance: Translucent copper with huge and foamy white head
Aroma: Hops, fresh cut grass, herbs, pepper and a touch of wood
Taste: Robust bitter herb notes up front, a hint of sweetness in the middle (melon?), with a good hop bite at the end. 
Grade: 95/100 (A)
Surroundings: Relaxing on Sunday evening with Chipotle and a great beer
Musical Pairing: The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Heart in your Heartbreak




Be sure to follow the blog, sign up for the email blast and like our facebook page. You can never be too connected to finding your next favorite beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment