Friday, June 3, 2011

Brookside Nanobrew Festival - June 11th

This seems to be the year of weddings for my wife and I. Sure, you don't have to twist my arm to go sip some free booze, dance a bit with the lady friend, and sip some free booze, but I've been missing some great events going on around KC. Will they really know if I don't show up to the wedding? Can't I just want my $50 gift so they can return it and get whatever they really wanted? Can you go without me? All questions posed and immediately kiboshed by the wife with her burning laser beam stare. Eeesh...can't blame me for trying, right?



So anyway, I'm out next weekend, but that's no excuse for you. If you aren't doing anything (or can get out of what you're currently doing) and you are looking to sample some homebrews and chow on some good BBQ, you might check out the Brookside Nanobrew Festival next Saturday (June 11th, 4pm to 7pm). There will be around 13 brewers and around 20 different brews to sample. All you can eat barbecue will be provided by Jet Bar-B-Q. In addition to the brews, they will have some wine, spirits and non-alcoholic beverages available as well. Your money will buy you a BBQ pass and a commemorative pint glass to sample the brews. Tickets purchased before June 4th, 4pm, go for $15 for BBQ and brew and $20 if you'd like the commemorative glass. After that, tickets are $20 and $25.


Check out the list of brewers and grab a ticket at  http://brooksidebeerfestival.com/.

Also, be sure to become a Beer, For the Hops Challenged follower and friend us on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment