Sunday, June 26, 2011

Parabola Day - Blanc Burger and Bottle

I wasn't one of the lucky few to get their hands on one of Firestone Walker Parabola bottles released to KC recently. Lucky for me, Blanc Burger and Bottle received a small amount and alerted me to its presence at the Plaza location. Blanc has never had to twist my arm to enjoy a great brew and bite. I probably would have made it in soon anyway, but I think it's awesome they are willing to go out of their way to entice me to come in and get my drink on try something special. Now that they've added a black bean burger to the menu, my steady diet of Blanc is only bound to increase.


I get a limited allowance from the wife each week, which happened to be given to me yesterday...and was burning a hole in my pocket. Having a bottle of Parabola with my name on it was all the more appealing and worthy of my hard earned cash. At $25/bottle, Parabola can seem steep for a lunch brew on a Saturday, but it's actually a pretty great deal for a pub/restaurant. A bottle will run $16 to $20 if found at a local liquor shop. Not a bad price at all.


The brew poured black as night with a maple, bourbon smell, holding a short lived lacy head. The taste started with a mix of coffee and dark chocolate with maybe a hint of tobacco. This quickly moved to a hint sweet maple syrup and finished with the bourbon-ish 12.5% ABV backbone. The brew was extremely smooth and clean for all the alcohol and flavor. Very impressive. One of the best, if not the best, Imperial Stouts I've ever enjoyed. In all seriousness, I think everyone reading this needs to immediately head in and try this brew while it's still available. This brew should not be missed. Period.




Serving Type: 22oz Bomber
Glassware: Snifter
Appearance: Midnight black, maple brown fringe, quickly dissipating lacy head
Aroma: Maple, bourbon, hint of coffee
Taste: Coffee, but not overly bitter, dark chocolate, maple syrup, trace of tobacco, bourbon and alcohol
Grade: 100/100 (A+)
Musical pairing: Holy Ghost! - Wait & See
Surroundings: Brews and burgers with great friends at Blanc Burger and Bottle




Be sure to follow the blog, sign up for the email blast and like our facebook page. You can never be too connected to finding your next favorite beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment