Friday, June 17, 2011

Hop Fest 2011 - Tomorrow!

Tomorrow marks the inaugural year for Hop Fest. I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm thinking it will be run much better that the KC Beer Fest (Fail) of the past few years. This is mainly due to the cap on attendance as well as the possibility that The Well/Lew's may be purchasing the beer instead of relying on distributor handouts. (I have no way of validating this). I purchased a VIP ticket when the event was announced many weeks ago thinking I'd have the chance to sample some brews I may have never tried before. I hadn't heard anything referencing a bunch of VIP status brews slated for the event and was starting to get worried. Alas, I worry no more...check out the list posted on Central States Beverage's Facebook page. Many (most) of the list looks pretty standard, but there are a few special brews I can't wait to try...I guess that's the selling point for the VIP ticket. I've listed the "special' brews below. 


Will I see you up there? I hope so. What are you standing around for? You have Hop Fest tickets to buy!


VIP worthy brews at Hop Fest 2011:
Boulevard Test Sour Love Child #2 -keg
Southern Tier - Gemini, Imperial Blended Ale
Crispin - oak aged Pear and Apple Ciders - only eight in MO
Boulevard Hoppy Wheat - keg
Lagunitas Brown Shugga 2010 -keg
Troubador Magma -keg Belgian IPA
Monk's Café - keg Belgian Sour
Southern Tier - Oaked Aged Unearthly ( Imperial IPA)
Tallgrass - Velvet Roster (Belgian Triple)
Southern Tier - Jahva (Imperial Coffee Stout)
Tommy Knocker - Hop Strike (Black IPA)

No comments:

Post a Comment