Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chicago's Alleys Beckon....and I Hear Their Call

The day has come for someone to return to Chicago (for his day job) and continue the noble job of finding, rating, raving about, and awkwardly throwing down pop culture references about beer. Yum, Beer! has officially moved into the relatively beer-friendly (and artsy/misunderstood) Bucktown neighborhood and is already planning his own, sad pub crawl for one. Where are the next steps?
  1. Map Room (300 beers + beer school +/- futbol = Yes Please)

  2. Quenchers (dive bar + ridiculous beer selection + steps from my door - pretentiousness) = Dive Bar 2.0!)

  3. Floyd's (my wife likes this place = I'm not in trouble!)

There will soon be reviews of these places, food (if I need it to soak up the 8 %'ers), and reviews on the copious amount of beers that are tried. Stay tuned and we'll head out on this Chicago beer journey together!

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment