Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Brew...errr...Burger Review?

The Red Devils of Manchester United came into town and I wasn't about to miss the show. No, I wasn't one of the 48,000 fans wearing red and calling it "futbol" (Hey. Guy in the Christiano Ronaldo jersey, spray tan and faux hawk. You live in America. Talk like it.)... I was one of the 4200 wearing blue and cheering the Wizards to victory; something that hasn't happened very often this year. Either way, the Wizards are best in the world, at least for a short while. Ah, but these great things were second on the day's bucket list. Blanc Burger + Bottle has opened an Arrowhead spot to serve a few of their burger/fry options to willing fans. 


By some sort of divine intervention, my tickets happened to be in the same section as their new burger spot. It was meant to be. I had heard they were opening a spot and immediately assumed Arrowhead had expanded their contracted brew options. What was I thinking? Strict stadium rules severly limit the brew options to Miller Lite only. Really? Not even Boulevard products? Well, I guess brew will have to go by the wayside for this posting...although a Blanc burger does considerably raise the grade of any watered down BS the macro conglomerate wants to pass of as brew. 




The lines were crazy and I think I noticed a little smoke coming from manager Brian Wilson's shoes. My wife and I ordered a classic with sweet potato fries, a soda and a beer for around $20. A Blanc burger raises the grade of any watered down beverage, so I won't rant any more about the only option. While not the same "made to order" flavor as the regular Blanc Burger + Bottle experience ((or cute mini shopping carts to hold your fries), the meal definitely superior to any stadium fare I've enjoyed to date. All in all, I was more than happy. My only regret was not smuggling in a Tank 7 to match the meal. I definitely think with a few more games under their belt, people are going to be skimping on their tailgate grilling in favor of a burger on the inside.


Location: The Burger Spot, section 122
Surroundings: 10 lines, 10 people deep, all hungry.
Music: The Heavy - How You Like Me Now?

1 comment:

  1. I was in section 105, and thankfully found a concession stand with Boulevard Wheat on tap near me.

    After getting my wheat and heading back to my seat, I noticed (and tasted) that they poured me Miller Lite. From the Wheat tap. I went back, and they proceeded to pour me another. From the same tap!

    The "manager" assured me it was Boulevard, but also refused to trade me for a Boulevard bottle in the cooler behind them. He'd have to charge me.

    Ridiculous. Ugh. You'd think at a soccer game we could get some decent beer!

    ReplyDelete