Thursday, April 21, 2011

There's a Stone in my Heart

The Stone crew has been missing from KC for 12 hours, and I already feel a missing place in my heart. Typically, spending two days with someone makes me want to get away from them and breathe. Not the case today. Attending many of the Stone Week events on Tuesday and Wednesday has only solidified a place in my heart for them. I had never experienced such an event before.

Over multiple trips out west, I have tasted their offerings and enjoyed them. I wondered what would happen if I had access year round. I know people who have moved to the mountains to hike and bike and ski, but ended up doing the same things they did when they were in KC. It always angered me that they had all this access to things Kansas City didn't have to offer and somehow squandered those opportunities. I now see the predicament. Stone is here in KC, but will my mouth water as it did when traveled to get my hands on their beer? Over the past two days, I have imbibed in nearly every option they had to offer, so now do I go back to my previous exploits? No. I'm already craving another Cali-Belgique like a bad crack habit. I'm going to give into those desires and get myself a few bottles for those times I need to submit to "the shakes" and remember when the face of Stone was here.

P.S.: Dear citizens of St. Louis, enjoy the next two days and all the festivities Stone Week-Missouri has to offer. I miss the Greg Face already.

No comments:

Post a Comment