Friday, April 1, 2011

Brew News: Zero to BEER in 3.4 seconds

While I'm not a huge supporter of the macro brew philosophy of quantity vs quality, I cannot argue with emergence of new technology in hopes of optimizing the stadium brew ordering process. Yes, I'd prefer to have a nice even pour of my favorite IPA into a tulip glass at the Chiefs/Royals/Sporting KC venues, but I don't really have that option due to current concession licensing, contracts, etc. I know, I know, I could just skip the $7.50 charge and wait until after the game to get a great micro brew, but there's something about watching the game with brew in hand that is so enticing, enjoyable and almost expected and is just so hard to pass up. So, stuck with the basic commercial choices at the local arena, I can at least hope to get my brew quickly and without any hiccups.

That's where the Bottoms Up Dispensing System from GrinOn Industries comes into play. It boasts at being the fastest beer dispensing system in the world, saving time and spilled beer in the process. They hold the unofficial world record of filling 56 beers in a minute. I can step up, order a stadium brew, and have product in hand in no time. Sure, it's not a quality focused beer, but I can't complain if I'm able to get one and get back to the game fast as you can say the name of the St. Louis macro brew you just ordered. Plus, the process is quite ingenious and fun to watch. I'm not gonna lie, I can't wait to see one of these in action, even if it's pouring me something that isn't my first choice. 





Currently, the Bottoms Up Dispensing System is installed at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. It may be at other venues now, but I can only confirm Philly. Let me know if you see it pour in your neighborhood. Also, check out the article on Sports Grid, where I first learned of this product.


Thanks for reading. Be sure to friend us on facebook and signup for the blog email blast from feedburner.

No comments:

Post a Comment