Friday, August 26, 2011

Running with Beer

In case you haven't noticed, I've been off the grid lately. I do apologize. I've been off having a summer...oh, and training for my first marathon. Who signs up for a marathon in August in KC? This guy. Much of my freetime has consisted of long runs down the middle of Ward Parkway. You may have seen me, honked at me, or even almost hit me (I don't see how I deserved the middle finger for being a pedestrian, thanks). This hasn't left a ton of time to formulate extremely descriptive and overly wordy reviews of the wonderful world of beer. However, I have enjoyed a few beverages along the way. In fact, after an ejoyable run in the heat, my mouth actually starts watering the closer I get to home. I want nothing more than a cold ale to replenish the spirits...no pun intendid. I keep telling myself it's a good way to refill my electrolytes* (completely unknown scientific reference). My wife likes to point out how I'm always "taking over" the fridge with all different types of brew. My answer: I love to run and running loves beer. I'm only bringing the two together.

Post run pics:


Pictured are: 

  • Pliny the Elder (minus proper glassware)
  • Demi-God - Porter's Toll, 
  • Renegade Brewing - Sunday Morning and Ryeteous
  • Surly - Coffee Bender
  • LB Brewing Co - Liberty Stout
  • Stone & Brew Dog - Bashah
  • Russian River - Damnation
  • Two Brothers - Hop Juice
  • Upright - Five
  • Surly - Bender
  • Rogue - 2008 Imperial YSB (Younger's Special Bitter)...in memory of Don Younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment