Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sugar Crash!

Going, Going, Gone. At least in my area. If you haven't secured your necessary allotment of Boulevard's latest release, you may be fresh out of luck. Boulevard's Chocolate Ale hit local shelves today and, according to all my local spots, sold out in a few hours. Around 1pm, my brother-in-law called from Portland to have me grab him a bottle for my brew trip to his neck of the woods this weekend. I figured if word of this local concoction could create a buzz in the micro brew capital of the northwest, I better get my butt in gear. I left work early to nab my few bottles (sorry if you're reading this, boss). Given this is a limited, one-time collaboration brew with local chocolatier Christopher Elbow, there was a maximum of two bottles per customer. Hy-Vee Wine & Spirits on State Line decided to take that down to one bottle per person. BOO!! I decided to exploit the process a few hours later and hit a few more stores to get a reserve selection of the Chocolate Ale aging in my cellar. No dice. I visited three local spots and called three others, and they were all fresh out. Lucky for Portland and my partner in crime, Yum! Beer, I just may have a bottle for them...but only if they share.


Imbibilicious, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment